Twiss Green (Ma Sepherd)

Share your memories and experiences of Culcheths past.

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

Twiss Green (Ma Sepherd)

Postby Anom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:26 am

I had seen a quote by someone on this forum about Ma Shepherd. She was a head mistress at Twiss Green Primary School. Saying she got the got the job when they closed Auschwitz. She was was worse than that. I am sure some people will never say what they went through at their time at Twiss Green Primary School. I am just glad my mum found out by a member of the school that looked out for me. Mybe in time it does come out about the experiences of being at this School at the time of Ma Shepherd. I know I am willing to talk.
Anom

Re: Twiss Green (Ma Sepherd)

Postby Sparkyman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Someone posted on Friends Reunited "The sound of heels on a tiled floor still sends shivers down my spine"
If you were there you'll understand.
Sparkyman

Postby Anom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

I remember being locked in cupboards and made to stand in front of her desk when not in the cupboard. I just thank god I did not stay longer than a year in that school.
Anom

Postby Anom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:08 pm

I was there in 1984/85 I have heard of other people not wanting to say what other type of treatment she gave out.
Anom

Postby Sparkyman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:09 pm

I left in Summer 1976, she must have got worse.
Sparkyman

Postby Lt Kije » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Ma Shepard,

Where to begin

I was never aloud to do art as I am left handed, I had to have, how too use scissor lessons, To this day my hand writing is crap, I am left handed but she made me hold a pen as a right handed person does, not like other left handed people hold a pen, which is pointing away from their body, Her treatment of me was such that my parents were continually going into school, it was only when they started complaining above school level that she slightly held off. Primary school was HELL!!!!!

I could right a book about that women, She would have been considered cruel in an Edwardian school.
Lt Kije

Postby Anom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:46 am

She must have gotten worse. Don't think anyone liked her put the fear of god into most of us.
Anom

Postby Beechboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:03 pm

You make our headteachers (Mrs Preston juniors and Mr smith seniors)sound really kind compared to Ma Sepherd,but i think every head teacher as to have a mean streak in them,Mrs Preston was never physically cruel to us but but she could hurt you with her nasty looks and tongue,as for Mr Smith he was physically hard on the boys,I have mentioned before that two his of favourite punishments was grabbing your hair and banging your head on the wall as he was telling why you deserved such punishment and his other way of letting you know that you were in his bad books was to give you a thump across the had with his stump of his arm as he had lost his hand and forearm in the Great War.but on there good days they could be quite OK (very rarely) We all grew up thinking that was how head teachers were.
Beechboy

Postby Janet H » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:19 pm

I remember Mrs Preston leading the whole school in a conga just before we broke up for Christmas one year.
We even went into the Senior School part of the building.
It was great fun.
She once told us how, as children if they heard an aeroplane, they would rush outside to look
as it was so rare.
Perhaps she softened up as retirement approached.
Janet H

Return to Memory Lane