Parking at Lodge Drive

Talk to other members about issues in Culcheth

Moderators: Purps2, raven, Sparkyman, Riggs, Chopper

Re: Parking at Lodge Drive

Postby Sparkyman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:00 pm

I went to the florists over the weekend and couldn't park near due to the playground being full? That costs surely costs the business's on Lodge drive no?

My daughter and her friends were on the playground over the weekend, they are all of an age where they can go on their own to the Village for a play and sweets/icecream without adult supervision, They met other friends, none of whom were driving.

I have noticed that the new Quench Cafe place is very popular and when it is open there seem to be fewer parking spots available, this is obviously understandable as having a meal and a chat takes up a lot more time than popping into the Chemist/paper shop for a prescription/newspaper/packet of Banson and Hedges etc.

There are lots of different situations, deep breath and sometimes we'll all have to walk a bit further.
Sparkyman

Postby JJ3 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:18 am

this from Martin Lewis's Money saving website this morning- print off and keep in glovebox

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... content=29
JJ3

Postby Unbelievable » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 am

I have recently moved to the area and find all the issues about this subject kind of take the gloss off the attractions of the village for me. Having read the posts I am amazed that the villagers have not fought back. I am not suggesting anything illegal but has there not been at least a mass boycott of the landowners shops or a protest on the car park?
Unbelievable

Postby Sparkyman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Unbelievable wrote:I have recently moved to the area and find all the issues about this subject kind of take the gloss off the attractions of the village for me. Having read the posts I am amazed that the villagers have not fought back. I am not suggesting anything illegal but has there not been at least a mass boycott of the landowners shops or a protest on the car park?

I hope it doesn't take the gloss off the attractions of the Village, it's a great place to live.
Taking it out on the shops is not really on as they are (or some are, I don't know exact figures) against the policy themselves. A number have posters in their windows saying so.
Good luck in organising a mass demo :D
Sparkyman

Postby Sunshine » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 am

Boycotting the shops is not the answer! The shops on lodge drive need the village support! Use them or lose them! The parking issue is not the fault of the shops!
Sunshine

Postby Janet H » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:52 am

Has anybody actually contacted the owner of the land about this issue?
Janet H

Postby Sara » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Janet H wrote:Has anybody actually contacted the owner of the land about this issue?

I believe that the Methodist Church did so a while ago but they didn't get anywhere
Sara

Postby Lioness » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:59 pm

The Parish Council have also tried to reason with the owner. When Paul Campbell was Chairman a few years ago, he met with Mrs Lythgoe and made some very good suggestions. He is still waiting for her to get back to him! In other words, all they are interested in is making money, and to Hell with the residents of Culcheth! I don't think anyone will ever succeed in sorting this out.
Live well, Love much, Laugh often
Lioness

Postby Janet H » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:49 pm

So why didn't Paul Campbell keep on at Mrs Lythgoe?
Did he get voted off the Council?
If I lived in Culcheth I would be getting in touch with him.
I see he is standing for election in May so he will be knocking on doors wanting peoples' votes.
What better way to get them than to sort out the Lodge Drive problem once and for all.
Janet H

Postby Sparkyman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm

A "good friend" of mine got a "Ticket" last night.
An intelligent chap.
I will let you know how it progresses.
I will probably start a new thread when the letters start arriving.
They won't be instigated though, let them pay for the address.
:lol:
Sparkyman

Postby Unbelievable » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:21 am

Let me tell you a story...
A friend of mine who is new to the village is currently wearing a plaster on his leg from foot to knee and walking very awkwardly with crutches. One evening in January he attended a hospital check up. Being unable to drive at present, a very kind and obliging person took him. On the way back he thought it was too late to cook so decided to get a takeaway pizza. It was very dark, and the weather was bad with sleet and a biting wind. The car was parked.. you guessed it on the car park at Lodge Drive. As I've already said my friend is new to the village and was unaware of the terrors awaiting him at Lodge Drive, and he thought Culcheth was such a pleasant village. He limped from the car across the road and purchased his pizza, which incidentally was very nice I believe. Two months passed until this week when he received the dreaded parking fine. After getting over the initial shock he realised where he had gone wrong. He should have been a good boy scout and prepared a meal at home. No, seriously, he found out about the parking wars at Lodge Drive, and looked into the validity of the letter. Well, obviously he didn't commit any so called offence that night as he's unable to drive, which leaves it at the door of the kind and obliging person who offered to take him. My friend knows who it was... but guess what...shush...he aint sayin' :lol:
Unbelievable

Postby Lioness » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Janet, Paul did contact her again quite a few times, and so did the Parish Council, but when you know you are banging your head against a brick wall, in the end you give up! No-one gets anywhere with the Lythgoe family.
Also, a young man got a ticket last night. He came back to Don Luigi's to tell Rios, but he can't do anything. He has large notices in the restaurant telling people to park at Forget-me-not, so he can't do much more that that.
(the meal was delicious, by the way)
Live well, Love much, Laugh often
Lioness

Postby Janet H » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:29 pm

What a saga Lioness.
I find it all unbelievable .Talking about" Unbelievable"-re your comments. Whether your friend had a plaster on his leg or not,somebody drove his car to the car park and therefore the friend's friend would be at fault if he had been driving the car.
If your friend will not reveal his friend's
name then he is possibly committing an offence.
Janet H

Postby Purps2 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:32 pm

If the Lythgoe's won't improve the notices maybe the children could design some nice big colourful posters in a play session at Forget-Me -Not? Brighten up Lodge Drive :lol:
Purps2

Postby MrC » Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

We went to Don Luigi's on March 20th after 7pm and it was very nice as it has been since we first went in the late 1990's.
Yesterday received a letter threatening action if we didn't pay £100 after parking in the car park at Lodge Drive.
We've been going out to restaurants & pubs in Culcheth with friends and family for years, as well as using the local shops.
Unfortunately now when we are discussing places to go out with friends we'll be looking elsewhere.
It's a shame that certain people don't want visitors to use the shops etc in the village.
Issuing a parking notice will over the years now cost the business owners several thousand pounds in revenue.
Very short sighted by those who do this.
MrC

Postby Sparkyman » Thu May 08, 2014 5:17 pm

MrC,
I hope you have read previous posts in this thread and are not going to do anything daft are you?
(Like paying it or corresponding with them).
A good friend of mine is about 1 month ahead of you, I've seen his £100 pound letter, they do look very official don't they?
For a speculative punt for a few quid I wonder if looking like an official Council or Police Penalty Charge Notice is a coincidence.
Sparky
Sparkyman

Postby NotLocal » Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Another one here. I got my letter yesterday asking me to donate £100 towards those poor people at ANPR. It's potentially the most expensive take-away pizza I have ever bought, bought at a time when it was twilight, when all the shops were closed and parked for two minutes longer than it takes to cook a pizza. It's bad enough having to eat a pizza and stay in a Travel Lodge on business, but getting this as well did not make my evening.

I will probably be back in a day or two with questions or comments after I have read through this thread and I hope you good people will be able to help.
NotLocal

Postby GLF » Mon May 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Can we not club together and buy some cones to put across the car parks each evening?

Sounds stupid but this would be a real show of the villagers' feeling towards this ongoing blight.

I was so glad to see that the car parks had been downgraded on the Community Day though.

We would need a rota for the cones obviously, each morning and evening. I understand that the shop owners are as annoyed about this as the rest of us, so perhaps between them and the nice chap who collects litter every morning it would be simple.

Ticketing of the unwitted would stop, and those that want to take a chance could also be sufficiently put off too. We would obviously point out that parking on Lodge Drive is permitted at night and ask the local residents to excuse the inconvenience for the interim.

Once the cones have informed everyone in the village about the issue, and gained front page of the Guardian a few times (slow news weeks obviously), and more importantly once revenue from tickets stops and the contract becomes worthless, then perhaps we will finally win - and I'll be able to drive my little daugter to the park again on a Sunday afternoon. Lazy I know but we live too far for her to walk...

Who is the little picking chap anyhow? Is he employed or just a kind hearted sole?
GLF

Postby NotLocal » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here's my update after doing lots of digging round on the web I put together a letter based on these two templates I found on the web

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/
http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk/fr ... al-letter/

Here is a list of useful links I have found

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gj4rfvk1f9usv9/links.txt

Last week I sent my letter to ANPR using the Royal Mail Signed For® system. The day after they received it, they sent me a final reminder. There was no attempt to address any of the issues raised in my letter, though I did give them 14 days as you will see in the 2nd page of the letter.

Page 1
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6cqtxpu0sqn8 ... W9U29VR3ba

Page 2
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/84ti09lxq5h5 ... nti0ZgDUoa

Based on the experience of those here, I would welcome your thoughts.
NotLocal

Postby Chopper » Thu May 29, 2014 10:00 am

Worth noting that they've currently suspended handing out these notices on a six month trial basis at Lodge Drive (around the front of the shops, and the car park opposite, not the at the rear so be careful there).

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/a ... Page1.html
Chopper

PreviousNext

Return to Culcheth General Chat